Trying to delete a file -- please help!

I've got two folders that I can't delete. They were created when I
tried to download and install SP1 and/or SP2. I had to give up on the
download and wait for a CD. The folders are still there.

I have beeen to kelly's site and am following her suggestions. When I
try to delete the folders, I get the "access denied" error message. I
followed Kelly's instructions to go to 298345 at M$. The instructions
on that page say:

RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, ask the administrator to grant the necessary
permissions.

I am the Administrator. I have asked myself, and told myself yes. No
joy.

How to do delete those folders?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net
1 answer Last reply
More about trying delete file help

    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:srato0hbjcl5q0aehcnksa97sckfqq0llc@4ax.com,
    <*((((><{ <*((((> hunted and pecked:
    > I've got two folders that I can't delete. They were created when I
    > tried to download and install SP1 and/or SP2. I had to give up on the
    > download and wait for a CD. The folders are still there.
    >
    > I have beeen to kelly's site and am following her suggestions. When I
    > try to delete the folders, I get the "access denied" error message. I
    > followed Kelly's instructions to go to 298345 at M$. The instructions
    > on that page say:
    >
    > RESOLUTION
    > To resolve this behavior, ask the administrator to grant the necessary
    > permissions.
    >
    > I am the Administrator. I have asked myself, and told myself yes. No
    > joy.
    >
    > How to do delete those folders?
    >
    > <*((((><{
    > Fishy@Ocean.Net