user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

I've got two folders that I can't delete. They were created when I
tried to download and install SP1 and/or SP2. I had to give up on the
download and wait for a CD. The folders are still there.

I have beeen to kelly's site and am following her suggestions. When I
try to delete the folders, I get the "access denied" error message. I
followed Kelly's instructions to go to 298345 at M$. The instructions
on that page say:

RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, ask the administrator to grant the necessary
permissions.

I am the Administrator. I have asked myself, and told myself yes. No
joy.

How to do delete those folders?

<*((((><{
Fishy@Ocean.Net

Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:srato0hbjcl5q0aehcnksa97sckfqq0llc@4ax.com,
<*((((><{ <*((((> hunted and pecked:
> I've got two folders that I can't delete. They were created when I
> tried to download and install SP1 and/or SP2. I had to give up on the
> download and wait for a CD. The folders are still there.
>
> I have beeen to kelly's site and am following her suggestions. When I
> try to delete the folders, I get the "access denied" error message. I
> followed Kelly's instructions to go to 298345 at M$. The instructions
> on that page say:
>
> RESOLUTION
> To resolve this behavior, ask the administrator to grant the necessary
> permissions.
>
> I am the Administrator. I have asked myself, and told myself yes. No
> joy.
>
> How to do delete those folders?
>
> <*((((><{
> Fishy@Ocean.Net