Sign in with
Your question

MSI Z77 Mobo, how to OC without OC genie?

Last response: in Overclocking
December 5, 2012 6:30:04 AM

I just recently upgraded my cooling to the point where I feel comfortable overclocking my CPU.. However with my mobo/bios I cant seem to do that without using its stupid OC genie crap

What I am trying to do is just up the Multiplier from 33 to ~42-44 but When I try to change it via arrow keys/enter it doesn't pop up a dialog box, but when double clicking it does but only shows Auto and when closing it brings up an error prompt

The only way I can seem to get this to work is by changing the OC Genie settings to force it to chose only 42-44x and turning everything else off auto for what it normally is...

I guess my question is, how would I go ab out this without having to have OC Genie on because honestly its stupid that I have to and there has to be a way.

Current system:
MSI z77a-g45
i5-2500k
gtx460 2gb
Win7
etcetc

More about : msi z77 mobo genie

a b K Overclocking
December 6, 2012 10:10:35 AM

Go into BIOS and use the + and - keys to adjust your CPU speed. I have that same board and same CPU. All I adjusted was CPU ratio to 45, voltage to 1.335 and Vdroop to 100%. Also my RAM is set to XMP and runs at a speed of 1600 Mhz. All CPUs are different but you can try using those settings. Good luck.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a c 224 K Overclocking
December 6, 2012 10:39:18 AM

Rarity said:
I just recently upgraded my cooling to the point where I feel comfortable overclocking my CPU.. However with my mobo/bios I cant seem to do that without using its stupid OC genie crap

What I am trying to do is just up the Multiplier from 33 to ~42-44 but When I try to change it via arrow keys/enter it doesn't pop up a dialog box, but when double clicking it does but only shows Auto and when closing it brings up an error prompt

The only way I can seem to get this to work is by changing the OC Genie settings to force it to chose only 42-44x and turning everything else off auto for what it normally is...

I guess my question is, how would I go ab out this without having to have OC Genie on because honestly its stupid that I have to and there has to be a way.

Current system:
MSI z77a-g45
i5-2500k
gtx460 2gb
Win7
etcetc

Using manual overclock shuts the OC Genie Off, you just have to find how to enable manual BIOS overclock with your motherboard.

Mrface may have covered that in his overclock guide since he was using an MSI motherboard when he wrote it.
m
l
!