What size for my windows System

braxeo

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2011
hello, its brandon,
i'm getting windows 7 ultimate 64 bit for my new gaming computer and i was thinking, would it matter if i was to put the os on a hdd and then upgrade it onto an ssd later
its a gaming computer so its going to playing games and everything but i was just wondering, what size should i get for W7 Ultimate 64bit and a few games, ones like battlefield 3, Starcraft, warcraft 3 and many others???
my budget..well there isn't really one, but i just need something that can hold them games and the os, but be cheap enough so i can afford it when i want to get it,
any replies are helpful
thanks, brandon :)

Solution
If you don't have a budget then how do you know what you can aford? If you are building a computer then why don't you get the SSD now? How many games do you want to put on the drive?
I would get the SSD now and if you have to, get a regular hdd later.

Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW180A3K5 2.5" 180GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$339.99 and free shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167115

This drive will hold the OS and 10 - 15 games depending on what the games are.
If you don't have a budget then how do you know what you can aford? If you are building a computer then why don't you get the SSD now? How many games do you want to put on the drive?
I would get the SSD now and if you have to, get a regular hdd later.

Intel 520 Series Cherryville SSDSC2CW180A3K5 2.5" 180GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
$339.99 and free shipping.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820167115

This drive will hold the OS and 10 - 15 games depending on what the games are.

Solution

LordConrad

Distinguished
Right now the best price per GB is with 120GB SSDs. This gives you plenty of room for Windows and some games, everything else can go on a hard drive.

If you have a choice, install the SSD when you build the machine. It's easier than adding the SSD later on.