Sign in with
Your question

USB2 Failure

Last response: in Motherboards
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 6, 2010 6:32:43 AM

Hello,
I got an error: "USB Device not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it."

In XP, after a USB port isn't used for a long while the USB driver built into the OS sets the OHCI controller to suspend. When you plug a device back in, it can sometimes fail to 'wake up' properly. This problem was supposedly fixed in SP1 but there is a related registry hack that may still be able to help!

I Formated the drive reinstalled XP Pro Did the SP3 updates and all and still get the error message when I got to plug in anything into the USB 2 mobo back or front plugins.

I got an error: "USB Device not Recognized. One of the USB devices attached to this computer has malfunctioned, and Windows does not recognize it.

there are no flags in control p[anel USB1 or 2 drivers loaded and still USB 2 will not recognise any thing

I turn off Enhanced Control usb2 and it works fine as a usb 1 but get message that this prduct will work better as a USB2 slot faster

More about : usb2 failure

!