Promotional Hyperbole Awesomeness!

JofaMang

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2009
I was perusing some motherboards, and couldn't help but get a chuckle out some of the promo material that is used:
"ATI Hybrid CrossFireX™ takes your gaming experience to the next level, under a Windows Vista® environment. ATI Hybrid CrossFireX boosts PC performance by enabling the AMD Chipset's integrated graphics processor and a discrete GPU (ATI Radeon™ HD 2400 Series ATI Radeon™ HD 3400 Series) to operate simultaneously with combined output to a single display for blisteringly-fast frame rates. Unleash the graphics performance that you've been waiting for on a mainstream Windows Vista® PC!"

Here is an excerpt from what I imagine would be a realistic advertising campaing associated with this little piece of hardware (7 year old son shouting across the house to his father):
HOLY CRAP DAD, WINDOWS PINBALL IS RUNNING BLISTERINGLY-FAST FRAME RATES WITH THIS ATI HYBRID CROSSFIREX™ ENABLED PERSONAL COMPUTER.

Any one come accross any other gems of excessive CE marketting hyperbole?

scarletvw

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
I could play a lot of games on my HD3200 integrated card, granted they weren't at the highest quality but I was playing Mass Effect 2 at 1024x786 (I only have a 15" monitor) and it was very playable and looked great, if you doubled that or even gave a 50% increase in performance it would actually be a big boost. Granted I didn't bite on the Hybrid thing because I run 7 and just went to a GTS 250.