Sign in with
Your question

Is mine Dead

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2010 5:58:48 PM

I have a HP dv9930 with an Nvidia 8600GS video card. The system is 18 months old and I am unable to get the video card to respond to the drivers. I have tried them all both in 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7. After the restart all I get is rows of verticle lines. Again restart in safe mode and disable card or uninstall completely. I have even taken out the battery pack and let cool for 24 hours. Start up, load drivers and same thing. Any thought or suggestions ohter than polishing my Hammer?

More about : mine dead

a b U Graphics card
February 12, 2010 6:33:53 PM

have you tried clean windows install then install drivers?

try that if still having the same problem then it might be what coozie7 said
m
l
Related resources
February 12, 2010 7:01:21 PM

coozie7 said:
Have a read here, it sounds like the video memory has gone bad:

http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

OK...thanks I will give it a read....By the way...nice Hurricane pic. Nothing like the sound of a Merlin making a high spead pass.
m
l
February 12, 2010 7:06:45 PM

wiinippongamer said:
have you tried clean windows install then install drivers?

try that if still having the same problem then it might be what coozie7 said

Thanks for the thoughts...The windows 7 is a fresh install....partitioned the hard drive and did a fresh install with windows 7 64 bit there....same problem....that is why I am reaching out for help. Exhausted everything I know...lol
m
l
February 12, 2010 10:01:19 PM

Is it still within warrenty?
m
l
February 13, 2010 12:35:50 PM

djcoolmasterx said:
Is it still within warrenty?

No...it is 4 months out of warranty now. I have been having this issue off and on since just after Christmas. Thanks to one of the other members input I am now thinking I have some type of Ram issue, whether onboard the video card itself or system. I am going to mess with system ram today but the 512 that is built on the card I have no access to. If you have ant thought on how to test ram please let me know.
m
l
!