Is mine Dead

I have a HP dv9930 with an Nvidia 8600GS video card. The system is 18 months old and I am unable to get the video card to respond to the drivers. I have tried them all both in 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 7. After the restart all I get is rows of verticle lines. Again restart in safe mode and disable card or uninstall completely. I have even taken out the battery pack and let cool for 24 hours. Start up, load drivers and same thing. Any thought or suggestions ohter than polishing my Hammer?
6 answers Last reply
More about mine dead
  1. Have a read here, it sounds like the video memory has gone bad:

http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html
  2. have you tried clean windows install then install drivers?

try that if still having the same problem then it might be what coozie7 said
  3. coozie7 said:
    Have a read here, it sounds like the video memory has gone bad:

http://www.playtool.com/pages/artifacts/artifacts.html

OK...thanks I will give it a read....By the way...nice Hurricane pic. Nothing like the sound of a Merlin making a high spead pass.
  4. wiinippongamer said:
    have you tried clean windows install then install drivers?

try that if still having the same problem then it might be what coozie7 said

Thanks for the thoughts...The windows 7 is a fresh install....partitioned the hard drive and did a fresh install with windows 7 64 bit there....same problem....that is why I am reaching out for help. Exhausted everything I know...lol
  5. Is it still within warrenty?
  6. djcoolmasterx said:
    Is it still within warrenty?

No...it is 4 months out of warranty now. I have been having this issue off and on since just after Christmas. Thanks to one of the other members input I am now thinking I have some type of Ram issue, whether onboard the video card itself or system. I am going to mess with system ram today but the 512 that is built on the card I have no access to. If you have ant thought on how to test ram please let me know.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Drivers Graphics Cards Hewlett Packard Graphics