SD Card corrupt and not recognized by computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

miniavventura

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and would really appreciate some help with an issue I've been having with my SD card.

I was on holiday using my (relatively new) Nikon D3000 with a Kingston 4GB which had over one hundred holiday photos on there. When taking a photo one day all of a sudden the SD card came up as corrupt and was completely inaccessible from my camera.

When I came home to plug into my card reader, my computer does not recognize my SD card at all. The card reader works fine as other SD cards work.

I'm at a complete loss here! This was a once in a life time trip and I can't even find the SD card on my computer to try and recover any files! Does anyone have any ideas as to how I can fix this?

Thanks very much for your help!

miniavventura

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

Hi rolli59,

Thanks for responding but I'm no sure how the link relates to the issue I'm having?

miniavventura

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Just as an addition.

I hoped to be able to use recovery software but given that my computer doesn't recognise my SD card, do you think this points to physical damage internally?

Basically there is nothing you can do with a flash card if not recognized by devices! Depending on the value of the photos you can try a professional data recovery service, usually expensive but that is about it.

rogel

Honorable
Sep 24, 2012

hello,

we have the same problem,

do you resolve/recover your photo from your damage SD memory card.

hope you read and respond if you recover your photos.

thanks.

timszone

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Any physical damage to the SD Card would cause the files/data, including the photos in sd card get losts without giving you any warning or notice.
But if you said the sd card corrupted and files or photos in sd card is missing,
you may read this, I hope it would helps as it is kind of tool to recover photo from sd card.

http://www.****/disk-utility/sd-card-recovery.html

sranesushant

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
hey hi buddy I'm not promises you that you can get you data back with this trick but their is possible of getting you're memory card to use for new trip
first go to Kingston site and get you're self register and you're card
and then check for firmware recovery
it will recover you're firmware to it's original state
(As i have personally tried with trancend)
and once you get you're card detected then you can try with recovery software i recommend "get data back"
i hope this will help you and get you're memories back to you

Tony_58

Honorable
Dec 26, 2012
I had a similar problem with our Nikon D7000 wherein the Scan Disk 32GB showed a Card Err on the camera and my laptop did not recognize the card in the camera.
I simply inserted the card into a MacBook and opened the disk in the computer. All of the photos were there and I copied them to the desktop. Fro there I saved them in iPhoto and onto a backup disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.