I am a warrenty tech for a sub-contractor, I do a lot of different . this one has be baffled.
1) MB Won't detect HDD (PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK) (No Show in BIOS)
2) Replace MB
3) Freezes at Splash 1/2 time other half only sometimes detects HDD or ODD (Sata)
4) Replace MB again (new one)
5) System boots into windows, loads desktop, shuts down
6) Turn system back on, won't detect anything SATA ODD, Old HDD, New HDD)
I have stripped system down to just MB, Processor, 1 of 4 (tried all 4) Sticks of ram, and Power Supply.
Why did it boot to windows once, then loose all sata devices?