NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Hi Folks!

Here is the deal: I live in south america and hardware is kinda expensive here, just FYI an i7 920 costs around 450USD. I've got the chance to bring some hardware from the US, specifically from New York City I would love some advice on where shall I buy the hardware (It cant be an online store) and how the taxes work over there! If someone know about the custom aswell I'd like some information if there is any trouble to bring it back here and so on! Looking forward to see your replies! -also , i know it does not belong here but would like some advice on a good 3x2 set of RAM DDR3-

Greetings and Thanks in advance,
Nicolás

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Thanks a lot!
I see in Microcenter they sell i7s 930 for 199$ , that is without taxes? How do you guys pay the taxes of the things there?

Keep looking for hints! :D

NeeKo

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
Ok thank you very much. Sorry for that double internet was kinda crappy!

Regarding the custom while leaving the country.. do you have any idea if they will let me carry it in my hand bag? Do hay to pay any tax for taking it ouf ot the country?
Any advice ?

Greetings

hobbes_tx

Distinguished
Dec 13, 2009
There is no duty (tax) on items when you leave the US. There is only a duty when you enter the US, which you only pay when you have more than ~$600-$800 in foreign purchased goods. You would have to find out what your minimum duty is on goods purchased in a foreign country in your country. From my experience, the customs officers don't really care when I go through customs.