Decision time and i need some help deciding

G

I'm in a bit of a dilemma guys. As you can see, it's time for me to make a tough decision; either an HD 5970, or 3 monitors. My budget is limited to the price of the HD 5970. I can't make up my mind. I already have 2 5770's. But I also already have 2 24" monitors for each set up.

I was thinking of the Asus VH236H for my 3 monitors since it's priced right right below my budget. I was also looking at the Hanns-G 23" on newegg priced at 159.00 each. I know it'd save me 90 dollars if I chose that option, however, it's 5ms vs 2ms on the Asus. Not that 2ms is that much more noticable than 5... I'm seeking uniformity in the monitors so they'll have to be identical.
For the 5970 I was thinking about going with either Sapphire or Asus.

Sadly I hate the fact that Newegg charges Californians tax, unlike Amazon... But Amazon also charges a little extra to make up for those fees. I've had great success on both e-tailers, and will only consider those two when making my purchase.

paperfox

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2009
What about your first two 24" monitors? what will become of them if you decide to get 3 new Asus/HannsG monitors. Seems like a waste to replace them. Assuming if they are the same, why not go and get a 3rd one that matches them?

As for getting a 5970 when you already have two 5770s, if you could sell those 5770s you could make enough to get yourself a 3rd monitor i suppose.

so 2 monitors and 2 x 5770's isnt enough?

Personally I'd go for a 5870 and some other upgrades like a SSD or watercooling, as I dont find eyefinity appealing.

Unless you have a 2560 x 1600 res. monitor Or 3 monitors for eyefinity I think a 5970 is a waste

G

One of the reasons I want to switch up the monitors is because the glossy display refracts any beam of light directly into my eye. The other display I'm quite happy with; however, the cost of that monitor itself costed the same price as 3 new monitors. I was hoping to game above 2560 x 1080. Hell to be honest I was planning to get 6 monitors, but after my car was towed from in front of my house and the expenses associated with towing, CHP, and DMV, I'm left with only half the original amount I wanted to spend. I suppose that's what happens when you're the minority in a predominately upper class generation x area.

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008

You can CF & Eyefinity at the same time, they fixed that with 9.12 (maybe even 9.10) MONTHS ago (December at the latest).

G

That is interesting, there are claims that it works with eyefinity! That's a huge relief for my thin wallet.

You can CF & Eyefinity at the same time, they fixed that with 9.12 (maybe even 9.10) MONTHS ago (December at the latest).

Please elaborate. I don't understand what you're trying to convey, do you mean to say that I may configure it as such: DVI-DVI-DVI, DVI-HDMI-HDMI, HDMI-HDMI-HDMI, HDMI-DVI-DVI? Would I be able to avoid the displayport configurations? [edit] I assume you were referring to the eyefinity problems in CF. I had already known about that.

At any rate, my sister is going to take 1 5770 off of my hand. You had better believe that I'm going to sell the other one as well. Any takers? :kaola: I believe I will be better off with a 5850, rather than a 5970. Advice here as well guys!

TRENDING THREADS