Shaking display after gaming

mosfet429546

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2009
is it usual that my screen shak after i close a game and sometimes after restart also
i m using msi r5770 on a 18.5" dell tft with 1366x768 res
can we install a bootable os while gpu attached.
or it is becouse i need to disable the onboard gpu as i m using asus m4a78t-e
waiting for your response

kutuup

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2010
Um... No that's not normal. Do you mean the display is shaky, or the monitor itself?

Sounds like a possible fault with your graphics card, maybe a driver or heat issue?

Next time you run a game, try running a temperature monitor that logs the peak temp while you play, then check the temp after you close the game and post it up.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
had a similar issue before.

when the overall use of colours changes on your screen in VGA mode it does not like it and starts getting pixels that move everywhere.

solution: DVI Cable

or make sure the VGA cable is not near any speakers, or sources of magnetism.

Solved my problem with a fullHD screen (Samsung p2250)

It's a problem in the transmission of the video between the computer and the screen. almost never happens with DVI, but VGA it's quite common. (since it's analogue)

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
Can you use it? well I dont know check the backside of the monitor to see if there is a port for a DVI cable.

Cost, not much, but they are expensive cables though. At newegg:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Order=BESTMATCH&Description=dvi+cable
You should be able to go to any local store though and pick one up, im sure they have them.

of cource you can download the new calalyist drivers, its generally reccomended to keep drivers up to date anyways, although do not count on much of a performance boost, mostly bug fixing and small tune-ups

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
try clearing the cable from any mass.

basically try lying your monitor on the floor as far away from the pc as possible, and stretch the cable through air.

if the cable is next to speakers or bundled up with a bunch of other cables it can couse this effect

I think that it happens because when you are benchmarking or gaming you are in a different (lower) resolution, when you return to the desktop you are in a much higher resolution which at the refresh rate you have set the GPU to the monitor is having trouble locking on to.