not that I'm kind of a decision maker for anybody, not even myself... lol
but after reading through this thread..
it's a push.
i'm thinking try the new SET and do not mix RAM of 1066mhz and then once you test and know that your rig is running good and at the right speeds then go with it, overclocking or not. the other question is to re-sell the old RAM or keep it for back-up.?
but if you can buy a complete set of 1066mhz RAM then you could take that money - $100+
and buy 1/2 of a new build with a combo deal from newegg or frys.
so with that being said, if you have a SET of 800mhz now, is it really worth it.?
I ain't got no new set and I wont be buying any since the speed increase is that small. No overclocking for me either, wont start messin' with a workin' system if I don't have to.
Since I live in Sweden I don't shop much att newegg either. =)