Sign in with
Your question

Which is Better for gaming?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 12, 2010 11:09:37 PM

I can either get a Laptop with ATI Radeon HD 5650 graphics or a desktop with a NVIDIA GeForce GT220?

I need ideas because you cant really upgrade a laptop but desktop you can

On a side note, does anyone know if the GT220 can run the game with all effects (except for corpse count, which can be placed on low or normal) , high texture resolutions (NOT EXTRA HIGH) with no AA or AF on a mid range resolution?

My monitor is a 22" LCD with a 1680 x 1050 native resolution (OF COURSE I DON'T PLAN ON PLAYING THAT HIGH)

One more question, how do I know if I have a supplementary power connector, the PSU is 450WATTS

More about : gaming

February 12, 2010 11:23:37 PM

Thats a tough one. Since my brain cannot handle the thought of playing games on a 15 inch screen anymore, I'm going to stab into the desktop PC.

The 220 wasn't built to game and is suited for HTPC's. At that resolution with mid or low game settings and your needs (and depending upon what games you play), you sound like a GT250 ;)  It will give you an entry level (yet sufficient) performance where-as a 220 and 240 should not be considered for any type of current gaming.
m
l
a c 130 U Graphics card
February 12, 2010 11:34:26 PM

What games are you playing? The HD5650 hasn't been released yet, I don't think.
m
l
!