Programs on (C) and want to move to (D), will this affect performance?

Berberticus

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Have upgraded to an SSD and because they are not available in same sizes as well as the price goes rapidly through the roof if you get large size SDD's I have the following question.
Besides my 120 GB SSD (C drive) I have a 1 TB (D drive) and 2 external 3 TB drives, I have been re installing a bunch of stuff back on my PC and came to find out that I have a lot of space used up on my SDD (98%) and still have more to install.
All that has been installed are programs and none are documents or video's and photo's. I know that SDD is a lot faster and my question is now, if I were to install about half of my programs to my HDD will they suffer from loss in performance?

I understand it will to some extend for sure but it is hard to find info on most of my programs as to how to utilize the D drive for possibly partially installing to my D drive and have the main program data installed to my SDD C drive.

I do not know if that is possible or if I have to install some less used programs to the D drive and more frequent used ones to the C drive. I just feel that I use mostly all of them equally as often.

System:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
Total amount of system memory16.00 GB RAM
System type 64-bit operating system
Number of processor cores 4
Storage:
Total size of hard disk(s) 8273 GB
Disk partition SSD (C:) 7 GB Free (112 GB Total)
Disk partition HDD (D:) 930 GB Free (932 GB Total)
Media drive (E:) CD/DVD
Media drive (F:) CD/DVD
Media drive (G:) BD/DVD/CD
Disk partition SATA ext. HDD(H:) 2764 GB Free (2920 GB Total)
Disk partition SATA ext. HDD(I:) 2890 GB Free (2980 GB Total)
Graphics:
Primary display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Secondary display adapter type NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
Total available graphics memory 6119 MB
Primary monitor resolution 1920x1080
Secondary monitor resolution 1050x1680

Berberticus

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012

THX, I will check it out.