Sign in hotmail account in windows xp

nanirob

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
I'm trying to login to my existing hotmail account that i have been using for weeks. I had it in my browser and accidently deleted it, not the account. Every where I google it, it is asking me to start a new account, but i already have and NEED to get in this one. PLease help

nanirob

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
that was the problem, I didn't know what to type in the search/http bar.....for example, whenever I used someones computer and wanted to log in any of my accounts, someone had taught me to just type in..."Log in your Hotmail Account", Log in Comcast Account, etc.. in the google bar and go from there and I never had any problems. I would click on it, and it would bring me right onto the login page of any account. But this time it didn't work no matter what I tried. I did eventually got in. I will take your advice and always use the www.hotmail.com if this happens again. Thank you

If you know what web site you are heading to, it's silly to first go to a search engine to find it.

I had someone at work call in an issue about "all web sites giving an error".

It turns out she was just going to the same yahoo account, what she did was that she opened www.google.com, typed in yahoo in the search, and got an error when she went to yahoo.

Then she went to www.bing.com, typed in yahoo in the search, and got the same error.

She was going to the same web site but though two different search engines and though that it was different. A bit like walking though the back door of your house instead of the front and expecting the inside to be different.

nanirob

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
I think my terminology or knowing what certain things are called get in the way of explaining or asking questions. If you just told me to use www. hotmail.com when I needed to get in to log in my account then why are you telling me it was silly to go to a search engine? I knew the web site (hotmail) and it wouldn't let me in. It wanted me to start a new account. I don't know if you are telling me to use the top bar/internet browser), vs a google bar, I used both that day and they both sent me to Funmoods,Outlook.com and it wasn't until I found eHow did I get in. As far as google, yahoo, bing, I have found that in the past 2 months that I can't find things the way I used to, I willl look something up, it will give me a web site, I will click on it and it will bring me to another web site instead of opening it like it used to and I end up going in circles. sooooo The initial frustration of the first question was that I could not get to that log in page no matter what I tried. Please don't imply someone is silly if they are asking for help, usually they r asking because they r new at this or they r stuck thanks

You need to run a virus and spyware scan, sounds like you are being re-directed. Got to www.malwarebytes.org, install Malwarebytes, the free version is fine, and run a full scan with it on your computer. Will take a bit of time, could be an hour or more if you have lots of files or a slow PC.

I did say anything about you being silly, the idea of using a search engine for everything is silly. It's an extra step and does not always get you where you want. If you know the site for your email is www.hotmail.com, first going to a search engine then to the site is an extra step. It's just a general PC usage thing though, many people view the Internet as their search engine instead of the actual web sites that exists in it.

nanirob

Honorable
Oct 17, 2012
I did not know the site for my email, if I did, I wouldn't have written in. Looking back, it looks ridiculous, but when you add the fact that I have been having problems with my search engines, I deleted my hotmail off my favorite bar(that's what starteded the whole thing), I had always used the "step" to sign into any accounts and they always worked, I was in a panic. now that I type in hotmail.com anytime my account comes up immediately, so I now I understand how easy it is and don't know why i wouldn't have thought of that. As far as advice for running a virus scan, I have norton and will definately look into that. now as far as using the internet for looking up things, what else are we supposed to use. Most likely I don't know the website address, if I do, i know to just to go to the site. But what if you don't. So use the internet for web addresses and search engines for looking up info and finding the web addresses? I taught myself how to use the computer so if these questions are out there, that's why.. thanks