TDS AI settings save bug query

It's said that the AI response settings is not saved with a game
save in TDS so defaults to easy. Objectives are saved OK. Can't
find the original posting on this forum so probably it was on
ttlg.com I read it. And there was a program to download to fix
it.

How can one tell which difficulty setting has been set? (without
comparing objectives to a list of the different objectives for
each level) Once the mission is under way I can't find the
setting any more. Thought I could earlier on even though of
course I couldn't change it mid-mission.

How can one tell AI intelligence settings? (other than having
knowledge of how an AI would behave at each setting)

How was this bug originally found since the above doesn't seem
obvious. I mean, if the setting doesn't show anywhere...

I can't tell any difference with the downloaded fix program; the
AI seem just as stupid as before. How can I test this? I've
tried the same semi-sneak past an AI before and after and got
the same reaction - the AI wanders off looking in the wrong
direction to where he saw me then gives up pretty quick. I'd
always hoped for much more in TDS on expert.

This fix program can't even remember its own difficulty setting.
OK, I'm a bit niggly but hope there's a fix for the fix program!

I assume I am wrong and this fix program does work but I'd like
some way to confirm it!

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:48:22 +0100, Fidcal
<trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net> wrote:

>It's said that the AI response settings is not saved with a game
>save in TDS so defaults to easy. Objectives are saved OK. Can't
>find the original posting on this forum so probably it was on
>ttlg.com I read it. And there was a program to download to fix
>it.
>
>How can one tell which difficulty setting has been set? (without
>comparing objectives to a list of the different objectives for
>each level) Once the mission is under way I can't find the
>setting any more. Thought I could earlier on even though of
>course I couldn't change it mid-mission.
>
>How can one tell AI intelligence settings? (other than having
>knowledge of how an AI would behave at each setting)
>
>How was this bug originally found since the above doesn't seem
>obvious. I mean, if the setting doesn't show anywhere...
>
>I can't tell any difference with the downloaded fix program; the
>AI seem just as stupid as before. How can I test this? I've
>tried the same semi-sneak past an AI before and after and got
>the same reaction - the AI wanders off looking in the wrong
>direction to where he saw me then gives up pretty quick. I'd
>always hoped for much more in TDS on expert.
>
>This fix program can't even remember its own difficulty setting.
>OK, I'm a bit niggly but hope there's a fix for the fix program!
>
>I assume I am wrong and this fix program does work but I'd like
>some way to confirm it!

The program doesn't work, because the memory addresses change with
each session. Eidos ahve reported that the're working on a patch, so
stock up on patience :)

What's up Chuck?

On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 23:06:38 +0200, Greger Hoel
<gregerh@spamblock.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 09 Jun 2004 20:48:22 +0100, Fidcal
><trashcan@fidcal.screaming.net> wrote: <SNIP>
>>I can't tell any difference with the downloaded fix program><SNIP>

>The program doesn't work, because the memory addresses change with
>each session. Eidos ahve reported that the're working on a patch, so
>stock up on patience :)

OK, thanks - at least it's not me!