Status
Not open for further replies.

hartzl0r3

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
Greetings and salutations,

I'm taking my first step into the world of PC building and through my travels of searching I have yet to find an answer to something that has been plaguing my mind, so I shall ask those more knowledgeable and competent than I. Is it possible or even plausible to run a home built rig with multiple optical drives, e.g. cd/dvd burner and a bluray player, or would one play the master while the other is not recognized. Thank you in advance

Solution
D
You can have as many optical drives as you have bays in your case and ports on your motherboard. I usually have 2 in my computer with one being a ROM drive and the other being a burner. That makes disk to disk burning easier than having one drive. For some reason I only have 1 optical drive right now. I have been meaning to get a BluRay burner since prices have come down so much but I just have not got around to it.
D

Deleted member 217926

You can have as many optical drives as you have bays in your case and ports on your motherboard. I usually have 2 in my computer with one being a ROM drive and the other being a burner. That makes disk to disk burning easier than having one drive. For some reason I only have 1 optical drive right now. I have been meaning to get a BluRay burner since prices have come down so much but I just have not got around to it.

Solution

hartzl0r3

Honorable
Mar 3, 2012
That is fantastic news! The following question to this revelation would be has there been an all in one drive created thus far, such as a BD/dvd/cd+/- RW so I do not need to get a reader/writer for both disc formats?

Status
Not open for further replies.