Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Optical Drives

Last response: in Storage
March 4, 2012 2:24:37 AM

Greetings and salutations,

I'm taking my first step into the world of PC building and through my travels of searching I have yet to find an answer to something that has been plaguing my mind, so I shall ask those more knowledgeable and competent than I. Is it possible or even plausible to run a home built rig with multiple optical drives, e.g. cd/dvd burner and a bluray player, or would one play the master while the other is not recognized. Thank you in advance

More about : optical drives

Best solution

a c 108 G Storage
March 4, 2012 2:38:47 AM

You can have as many optical drives as you have bays in your case and ports on your motherboard. I usually have 2 in my computer with one being a ROM drive and the other being a burner. That makes disk to disk burning easier than having one drive. For some reason I only have 1 optical drive right now. I have been meaning to get a BluRay burner since prices have come down so much but I just have not got around to it.
March 4, 2012 2:46:59 AM

That is fantastic news! The following question to this revelation would be has there been an all in one drive created thus far, such as a BD/dvd/cd+/- RW so I do not need to get a reader/writer for both disc formats?
Score
Related resources
March 4, 2012 2:52:43 AM

Best answer selected by hartzl0r3.
Score
March 4, 2012 2:53:51 AM

Positively smashing, thank you for the leads Chief! I shall dig some more into the aforementioned brands! Happy Computing!
Score
a c 190 G Storage
March 4, 2012 1:02:07 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
Score
!