Ram problem, help ASAP please

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Hey, first of all thanx for helpin.

When i chack my ram in my case i have 4 gb, tahts what i baught it with.

But alot of programs like rambooster and can i run it say, i only have 3 gb ?

when im watching utube or foing nothing i have 2.1 gb of memory free while vista only takes 800 to 1100 megs of ram

Please help me make sure my ram is working and if u r sure its broken why only 1gb, i have a 2x2 setup, does that mean that half a stick is broken ?

Please help and thanx in advance

machiel

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009
Specs

Gt220 GPU

intel q8200

4gb of ddr2

it was a pre buit system, just an of the shelve thing the paccard bell guys made it

motherboard mcp73 ot sumtin

xXCozterXx

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2010
Hey,

I hope this helps,

1. Try opening task manger and seeing how much RAM the operating system is actually using, because the RAM testing program you used might be faulty.

2. Do some research to see if your motherboard actually supports 4GB of RAM, because it might not.

3. If none of the above works, then start up in BIOS, and see if there is a setting in there that is preventing you from using over 3GB of RAM.

4. If still nothing works, then take out each stick of RAM and pug it into another machine to test if they are faulty, or if you don't have another machine, then pull all of the RAM out, except one, and boot up. Try this with every stick of RAM, you will know if one is faulty, due to the beeping noise at start up.

Sorry if i couldn't be of more help,

xXCozterXx

wiro67

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2010

what OS is on it? if its a 32 bit it would only use 3.25gb

if its 64bit it should use all 4 gb ,only thing i can think of is :you could have an onboard graphic card it wil take its memory from the 4gb installed,but at this point its only a gues

machielste

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2009

jep is a 22 bit vista, but thanx