Sign in with
Your question
Solved

What's going on!!!

Last response: in Windows XP
October 17, 2012 11:31:59 PM

Hello, I have a compaq presario sr1230nx with windows xp home edition w/ service pack 3 and I am unable to install an anit-virus software as well as gain access to the internet. Can you help me find out what happened to my system. Thanx!!!

More about : question

a b 8 Security
October 18, 2012 2:21:01 AM

First you need to tell us what has happened since you could last access the internet, and if you had virus protection on it before.
October 31, 2012 8:32:20 PM

The last time I could access the internet, I was receiving pop-ups about viruses that infected my system; I ignored them and kept surfing. A few minutes into my session, I got kicked out of the internet. I didn't have an anti-virus at the time. Hope this helps.
Related resources

Best solution

October 31, 2012 10:00:33 PM

You have a virus, windows offline defender could help, make sure to create the cd on a non infected computer. when it starts it starts as quick scan, cancel and give 5 hours for full scan. and get some protection, along with firefox and ad blocker
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/what-is-wind...
November 10, 2012 5:16:59 PM

Best answer selected by A+techwhoneedshelp.
November 24, 2012 8:28:54 PM

A+techwhoneedshelp said:
Hello, I have a compaq presario sr1230nx with windows xp home edition w/ service pack 3 and I am unable to install an anit-virus software as well as gain access to the internet. Can you help me find out what happened to my system. Thanx!!!

try safe mode with networking, install AVG or Microsoft Security Essentials this is best 1...
!