Sign in with
Your question

Fastest PCI powered Video Card

Last response: in Overclocking
December 7, 2012 12:27:08 AM

I am looking for the fastest PCI powered, so no auxilery power just plug in to the slot and go, or that can be underclocked to use only pci power. It's getting paired with an A10 so I would prefer AMD unless I don't gain much from hybrid Xfire, or the Nvidia is that much faster.
Sorta unrelated, but does any one make an adapter to have an external pci slot, I have seen some external video cards on SFF systems and that's basically what I need to do.
December 7, 2012 12:29:12 AM

radeon hd 7750 if you mean pci-e
m
l
Related resources
December 7, 2012 1:19:36 AM

I would rather get a 7750, instead of getting a 6670 and dealing with hybrid crossfire-x.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2012 1:30:56 AM

7750. Hybrid crossfire doesn't actually increase performance.
m
l
December 7, 2012 2:14:30 AM

I was under the impression that you could crossfire any AMD gpu with an APU I was mistaken. Does anyone know where to get an adapter for an external video card.
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b K Overclocking
December 7, 2012 8:12:20 PM

William_White said:
I was under the impression that you could crossfire any AMD gpu with an APU I was mistaken. Does anyone know where to get an adapter for an external video card.

They cost $600 or so. Not worth it, as you also need thunderbolt. Can you not put it in your computer?
m
l
December 7, 2012 8:52:15 PM

It wasn't the thunderbolt external enclosures it was on the top of the case and the case was on the back of a monitor with an actual pci express slot on the top.
m
l
!