Need advice on new monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

crimsonking

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
Thanks in advance!

I currently have a Samsung SyncMaster 226BW 22-inch widescreen. Please see specs below. I purchased this monitor a few years ago.

When I compare my specs with new monitors from, Samsung, LG, etc... I see the main difference being contrast ratio. Obviously my measly 3000:1 DC can't compare to their 20,000 to 50,000:1 DC.

How big of a difference does this make? I use my monitor a lot, if I can make it easier on my eyes, I'm all for it.

So should I really upgrade? Is there that big of a difference? I have visited various stores, however the overhead lights are always killing any opinion you can make on their quality. = (

Again, thanks!

Panel Type
a-si TFT/TN
Viewable Size
22.0" Wide
Pixel Pitch
0.282mm
Brightness (typical)
300 cd/m2
Contrast Ratio (typical)
3000:1 DC
Response Time (typical)
2 ms (G to G)
Viewing Angles (H/V)
160˚/160˚
Native Resolution
1680 x 1050
Aspect Ratio
16:10
Maximum Color
16.7M
Interface
Analog/Digital
Input Video Signal
Analog RGB, TMDS Digital Link, DVI

Solution

Very True!!!

Really you do not need to upgrade your screen, but if you insist I would advice a Samsung P2250. It's cheap, (about 200$), FullHD 1920*1080, and has an excellent screen quality. 21.5 inches, very sharp picture.

but no, you dont need to upgrade unless you feel that your current screen is just not enough

anonymousdude

Distinguished
Advertised contrast ratios mean nothing as each company tests their own monitors using different methods meaning that the contrast ratios cannot be compared between companies. Also any advertised contrast ratio is always exaggerated so it comes down to competent reviews and taking the look at the monitor yourself.

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009

Very True!!!

Really you do not need to upgrade your screen, but if you insist I would advice a Samsung P2250. It's cheap, (about 200$), FullHD 1920*1080, and has an excellent screen quality. 21.5 inches, very sharp picture.

but no, you dont need to upgrade unless you feel that your current screen is just not enough

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.