Livingston

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I'm buying a new system and I would like to look at OCing it where/when needed.

That said I want to do a lot of studying and research before I do, but I want to go ahead and get my system now.

I'm looking at running an i5-3570k with dual GTX 670s in SLI.

I would like to able to keep this system for about 4 years before needing a major overhaul.

My monitor will be an Asus PB278Q which is a 27” PLS panel running at 2560x1440p.

I'm looking at achieving ultra settings in games like GW2 and Arkham City.

I'll also be running a second monitor at 1680x1050p, usually watching shows or running GW1 while playing on the main monitor.

So I just need to know what I should be looking at in terms of a z77 motherboard, psu, ram, and cooling so that once I finish my OC research, I'll have everything I need to actually do it properly...

ttoX

Honorable
Oct 22, 2012
I would recommend going for a single GTX 680 for now, if you want the system to last a few years then when the price of them go down add a 2nd one. Thats what I just used for my last build for that reason, eventually the price will go down so in the long run you will have a much better system. 2 GTX 670's do beat 1 680 but I don't see them lasting the next 4 years to keep up with the new developments.