LCD monitor will not turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

barmaley

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I have this ViewSonic Optiquest Series Q20WB Black 20" LCD monitor. Here is the link:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824116075

It was bought in 2006 so warranty expired. Monitor will not turn on. Verified there is power in outlet, verified cable connections are all good. Installed a different LCD monitor using the same cables - all works fine. Monitor's LED is flashing green when PC is on. So I'm thinking it's stuck in the sleep mode and for whatever reason it does not want to receive the signal to turn back on. But again, another LCD monitor works just fine.

I took this bad monitor and connected it to a different PC that never gives me trouble. I also used a different set of cables. Same issues - monitor will not turn on. It's just flashing that green LED at me when power's on.

Sometimes I can get it to turn on by cycling power to the monitor repeatedly and/or by switching from digital to analog cable back and forth. If I get it to turn on, it works flawlessly until I turn it off again. Once it's off, it wants to stay off. I have to perform manipulations with it to turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.