Finalizing gaming build $800 (no case, monitor etc) please help!

squirrel15

Distinguished
Feb 1, 2010
Hi there everyone. I just need some help with a gaming build that I'm probably going to put together in the next 7 days or so. It is a gaming computer and I will use it for school work and for internet and watching movie but games more than anything. I dont need a case, I got that last week when newegg had their special on the thermaltake V9, (has two 230mm fans and two 120mm fans) heres the link for extra details:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811133074

I also dont need a monitor (provided by my brother, I think its a 1080x1920 or something i dont know exactly, but it is wide and its hd) I also just asked a friend if he could give me his hard drive, keyboard/mouse. I'll know later today what is giving me. I would still like the build to involve the hard drive and everything, I dont need an OS either (provided by my brother). Is there also a way i could get windows 7 for really cheap or free anywhere?

I would like a 5850 in my build or whatever can be fit into the budget but I'm not going to be crossfiring, I'm not exactly sure what SLI is but I dont think I'm doing that either. I am planning on overclocking the CPU, video card and RAM.

Once again my budget is $800 and it is a gaming build and I dont need a monitor, case, and keyboard/mouse for sure. Thanks for your help.

osu43130

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2010
Have not checked lately but is Microsoft still having the deal for Students on Win7? Not sure if the OP is a student or not but it was around 60 bucks last I checked.

Yep just found link.

This is as cheap as you can get Win7 Legally and you must be a student with a valid EDU account to get it.

Win741