ASUS Maximus V Formula

I'm looking at getting the ASUS Maximus V Formula for use with an i5 3570k and dual GTX 670s in SLI.

I'd like to run it at a stable OC for CPU and GPUs for about 4 years before needing to upgrade.

Just wondering what benchmarks I should be aiming for in order to achieve that.

Anyone here actually have this board?
8 answers Last reply
More about asus maximus formula
  1. Is this a really difficult question or what?
  2. Well you won't get any response that way.And yes my cousin has the mobo it's a great board he has his i7 OC @ 4.6GHZ.What is your question ?
  3. I have it and I regret buying it. There are other cheaper mobos that do the same for less. But there was no other way I could of learned this lesson if I did not screw up.
  4. bigcyco1 said:
    Well you won't get any response that way.And yes my cousin has the mobo it's a great board he has his i7 OC @ 4.6GHZ.What is your question ?


    LOL, I did though... :P

    But my second post wasn't meant as a sarcastic or snarky comment, I thought that my question might legitimately be too difficult to answer due to too many variables or lack of experience with the board, as I had like 50 or so views over 12 hours with no responses.

    My question is the same as that on my first post:

    I'd like to run it at a stable OC for CPU and GPUs for about 4 years before needing to upgrade.

    Just wondering what benchmarks I should be aiming for in order to achieve that.

    LonelyMan said:
    I have it and I regret buying it. There are other cheaper mobos that do the same for less. But there was no other way I could of learned this lesson if I did not screw up.


    Why the regrets?

    The main features that attracted my attention is the software suite for the board with:

    Fan Xpert 2
    AISuite
    ROG Connect
    GameFirst II
    Extreme Tweaker

    I also really like the USB BIOS Flashback feature, the Supreme FX IV, and the color scheme.
  5. overclock cpu to 4.5GHZ 1.35V Max.I say your safe with 670 sli for two years.I don't know about four years.I am not so sure of course i am just guessing lol!I cannot see into the future.
  6. LonelyMan said:
    I have it and I regret buying it. There are other cheaper mobos that do the same for less. But there was no other way I could of learned this lesson if I did not screw up.


    Hey can you be more specific , since you own it can you give me a recommendation? I am really set on this board, but the price is insane, have not purchased it yet, before the Maximus V formula, i was looking into buying the p8z77-V PRO or the Extreme6/TB4 from ASrock. I just want a reliable board, i plan to OC my 3770k to high 4GHz maybe up to 5GHz for benching, dual RAID controllers are a must. thanks.
  7. xsilver said:
    Hey can you be more specific , since you own it can you give me a recommendation? I am really set on this board, but the price is insane, have not purchased it yet, before the Maximus V formula, i was looking into buying the p8z77-V PRO or the Extreme6/TB4 from ASrock. I just want a reliable board, i plan to OC my 3770k to high 4GHz maybe up to 5GHz for benching, dual RAID controllers are a must. thanks.


    Well you can buy cheaper mobos that do the same for less. The only software that I am happy with that came with the board is the 1 year Karspersky AV and LucidLogix Virtu MVP, but you can get this last software on some other mobos as well or you can buy it separately if u want. Now I don't know what to recommend but I'd say that either the pro or extreme 6 would do the job. I have a black and red theme in my case so at the time I did not have many choices for reliable mobos that fit my theme.
Ask a new question

Read More

Motherboards Asus Formula Overclocking Product