ASUS Maximus V Formula

Livingston

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
I'm looking at getting the ASUS Maximus V Formula for use with an i5 3570k and dual GTX 670s in SLI.

I'd like to run it at a stable OC for CPU and GPUs for about 4 years before needing to upgrade.

Just wondering what benchmarks I should be aiming for in order to achieve that.

Anyone here actually have this board?

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I have it and I regret buying it. There are other cheaper mobos that do the same for less. But there was no other way I could of learned this lesson if I did not screw up.

Livingston

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012

LOL, I did though... :p

But my second post wasn't meant as a sarcastic or snarky comment, I thought that my question might legitimately be too difficult to answer due to too many variables or lack of experience with the board, as I had like 50 or so views over 12 hours with no responses.

My question is the same as that on my first post:

I'd like to run it at a stable OC for CPU and GPUs for about 4 years before needing to upgrade.

Just wondering what benchmarks I should be aiming for in order to achieve that.

Why the regrets?

The main features that attracted my attention is the software suite for the board with:

Fan Xpert 2
AISuite
ROG Connect
GameFirst II
Extreme Tweaker

I also really like the USB BIOS Flashback feature, the Supreme FX IV, and the color scheme.

xsilver

Honorable
Jan 26, 2013

Hey can you be more specific , since you own it can you give me a recommendation? I am really set on this board, but the price is insane, have not purchased it yet, before the Maximus V formula, i was looking into buying the p8z77-V PRO or the Extreme6/TB4 from ASrock. I just want a reliable board, i plan to OC my 3770k to high 4GHz maybe up to 5GHz for benching, dual RAID controllers are a must. thanks.

LonelyMan

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

Well you can buy cheaper mobos that do the same for less. The only software that I am happy with that came with the board is the 1 year Karspersky AV and LucidLogix Virtu MVP, but you can get this last software on some other mobos as well or you can buy it separately if u want. Now I don't know what to recommend but I'd say that either the pro or extreme 6 would do the job. I have a black and red theme in my case so at the time I did not have many choices for reliable mobos that fit my theme.