Status
Not open for further replies.

StumpyDaGr8

Distinguished
May 10, 2011
Hi, I had extra space on a hard drive so I extended it in disk management but I did not format it as I had data on it. And now it is showing as a RAW HD and I cannot open it without formatting the drive. Is their anyway to recover the date that I know is still on it? Please help as these files are very important to me and it is almost 300GB worth I data I do not want to lose. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

slop3

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Recuva does a perfect job on deleted files, however your case might be a little different, you may try recover files off raw drive. There are knowledge to know about raw errors.

When your card or drive became RAW, the boot sector might got damaged and sometimes report errors like not formatted.

Whether you have reformatted the drive won't be the trouble for recovery. Your files can be restored.

Just remember not to write or save data to the raw drive before you got data restored.

helloketty12

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
Formatting could be the wrong step, but if you have to format your Raw HD, don't worry, cause those formatted files are still stored on the disk just invisible or inaccessible. Only the FAT or NFTS table erased the information about where those data were saved but the real data are still intact there in sectors of the disk.So as long as those data are not overwritten by new data, it's highly possible to recover them. I must recommend freeware recuva in this situation, it is a user-friendly software. good luck buddy
http://www.recovery-programs.com/windows-data-recovery.html

Jeremiahhary

Honorable
Mar 13, 2013

Thank you very much for your nice advice.
Yesterday, your recommended freeware successfully rescued all my data back from my RAW flash drive. And now, after reformatting, the drive also can work well as before.
Thanks a lot!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.