Joe_Carr

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
I don't know if this is really coming from the motherboard but I noticed that when I go on the net using internet explorer and browse the web every time it's loading a page or when I move the page up or down I hear some weird noise coming from inside the tower. It's very soft sound and you can hear it when your room is quiet. I don't have any problems that I see on my system but just hear this weird sound sorta sound like a rattle like sound but no rattle of cource. It's very soft sound. I do hear this sound even when I am just on a webpage and doing nothin but it's not as loud that' all. It's more noticeable when I move up or down the page or when I' am loading it.

Maybe it's like more of a squeek kind of sound I don't know.

Joe_Carr

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Yes everything works perfectly just makes this weird sorta like high pitch type sound but it's not really high pitch. It makes the most while browsing the web. Or when moving the page up or down. Are you sure it's the wireless ethernet card I use? I remember someone saying about something called a coil whine but I dont know if this is the same thing. I had similar problem with my Sony laptop but it makes a much higher pitch sounds. It basicly happens most then I' am on the net. It doesn't do it when I' am on the desktop. Or playing a game etc.

Joe_Carr

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
I guess it sorta happens when I' am on my desktop but not as much as on the Internet Explorer. Another thing that one person said was that my system will probley last for a year or 2 and then I need to get a new Mobo. I don't know if that's true but I hope not. This guy said this happens to older computers. This computer is about 6 years old and my laptop is 8 years old.

Joe_Carr

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2010
Ok if I listened carefuly I hear it even I play my games. But does anyone know about this problem? Or is this nothin to be worried about and that other person was wrong what he said?

wpcoe

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2010
When it's perfectly quiet in the room, I also occasionally hear (what I call) a slight "squealing" sound when scrolling up or down in a browser window. I had wondered if it were the video card. Any thoughts on that?