Sign in with
Your question

GA-EP45-UD3P F10 BIOS UPGRADE YES/NO?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 8, 2010 12:35:59 AM

GA-EP45-UD3P, just downloaded the F10, currently using F9 bios. Is F10 a good idea or will it unleash hell on me?

I can't find many discussions on this F10 bios upgrades nor any pros/cons yes/no or warnings so I had to ask here.

Please help or send me a URL in charity :hello: 
a c 235 V Motherboard
October 8, 2010 12:47:11 AM

My thought process on updates to BIOS... If it ain't broken don't... don't fix. If your system is running good, I see no reason to upgrade/flash your BIOS.
m
l
October 17, 2010 3:46:36 PM

tecmo34 said:
My thought process on updates to BIOS... If it ain't broken don't... don't fix. If your system is running good, I see no reason to upgrade/flash your BIOS.

I can only OC to 3.0 GHz and NO adjustements to the vcore, that was why, thinking newer/more stable BIOS would fix or help it??
m
l
Related resources
a c 235 V Motherboard
October 17, 2010 3:53:09 PM

If you are limited in the BIOS, I would agree to flash your BIOS to the latest version to see if it relieves those issues. There is no major risk in doing so, since you are already having concerns it's features.
m
l
October 17, 2010 9:23:39 PM

tecmo34 said:
If you are limited in the BIOS, I would agree to flash your BIOS to the latest version to see if it relieves those issues. There is no major risk in doing so, since you are already having concerns it's features.

What if, a friend of mine, used @BIOS from within Windows 7 And flashed from F9 to F10 bios and then rebooted with multiple reboots until , a friend of mine, just put nearly everything to DEFAULT since it was impossible to boot into Windows 7 anymore?

Would my friend still be able to go from F9 to F10 correctly by using Q-Flash or is there some unrepairable errors forever??

Do you or anyone know a good sound next step?

thanks
m
l
a c 235 V Motherboard
October 17, 2010 9:57:17 PM

Yes... you should always use Q-Flash versus using @BIOS, which is Windows based. You will get a much more successful flash :) 
m
l
October 18, 2010 10:29:47 PM

tecmo34 said:
Yes... you should always use Q-Flash versus using @BIOS, which is Windows based. You will get a much more successful flash :) 

What is the minimum required GB for the USB Flash Drive? AND is there something unique or special other than formatting it to be bootable and placing the *.bin file on the drive?

Any changes upon boot so it goes through the first time [just before flashing it]??

you've been very helpful :bounce: 
m
l
October 18, 2010 11:30:27 PM

jaquith said:
^ F10 Enhanced Memory capability - seems like a BIOS to skip over if you're running F9 now.

Review the CPU support + BIOS versions - http://www.gigabyte.us/support-downloads/cpu-support-po...

BEST I can format the results here..

Intel Core™ 2 Quad Q9400 2.66GHz 6MB Yorkfield 45nm R0 95W 1333 F4
Intel Core™ 2 Quad Q9400s 2.66GHz 6MB Yorkfield 45nm R0 65W 1333 F7

Mine is Intel Quad-core Q9400 + UD3P, so what can I conclude about BIOS flashing choices or options??

thanks a lot
:hello: 

EDIT: I failed to flash from F9 to F10 (Using @BIOS Which I never use again) so should I REFLASH F9 to make sure???
Perhaps it would solve the non-OC and instabilities I have now??
m
l
a c 235 V Motherboard
October 18, 2010 11:35:00 PM

@jaquith... I think the "friends" issue is they tried to upgrade to F10 and failed doing the BIOS Flash using @BIOS. The "friend" needs to fix a bad BIOS flash using the Q-FLASH.

Is this correct weatherphobia? As for the flash drive, 1GB is more than enough :) 
m
l
October 18, 2010 11:38:30 PM

tecmo34 said:
@jaquith... I think the "friends" issue is they tried to upgrade to F10 and failed doing the BIOS Flash using @BIOS. The "friend" needs to fix a bad BIOS flash using the Q-FLASH.

Is this correct weatherphobia? As for the flash drive, 1GB is more than enough :) 

Yeah, I'm gonna re-flash F9 the right way with Q-flash, I knew you all would catch on to the 'a friend of mine says..." :D  :) 

thanks for the help again!
m
l
!