Slow Downs

Tags:
  • Homebuilt
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
February 23, 2010 2:16:14 AM

Question...
I have a Dell XPS 435MT - i7 920, 6Gb Ram,
and I upgraded to 2x SSD RAID(30GB OCZ Vertex), and a GTX 295(EVGA) w/750watt PSU(Corsair)...
While playing the game, i start getting "stuttering" from the sound after 3 minutes or so of gameplay... and it gets to a point where it affects the games performance and if continued, will get a BSOD...
Note this computer has an ALC 888 Realtek HD Audio...
Note this happens on all my games - Crysis, GTA4, Modern Warfare 2...

Once I restart my computer once, everything is fine... until the system is cool again and it happens all over again...
Anyone else have this issue?
Didn't seem like this issue happened when I had my ATI 4850 so might be the GTX 295... But I tried difference drivers for both the audio and video... still the same issue...
I also read about vista/7 using "audio device isolation" where all audio is software controlled and might have something to do with this... or maybe it's the HDMI audio pass-through?
Thanks in advance for all the help!

More about : slow downs

February 23, 2010 3:15:02 AM

Have you tried a wipe and reload yet?

For me atleast when in doubt, wipe it clean and start over
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 23, 2010 7:19:49 AM

So you're using the graphics card's sound? You may want to run a pass of windows update to make sure you have the audio driver - that isn't always there in the normal driver. You could also try simply disabling any other playback devices that aren't being used, or make that the default.
m
l
Related resources
February 23, 2010 10:10:16 AM

False_Dmitry_II said:
So you're using the graphics card's sound? You may want to run a pass of windows update to make sure you have the audio driver - that isn't always there in the normal driver. You could also try simply disabling any other playback devices that aren't being used, or make that the default.

Thanks but I use the Realtek HD 5.1 analog sound, but you're right... I will try disabling all other sound devices and go from there...
m
l
a b B Homebuilt system
February 23, 2010 3:58:02 PM

Ah, it sounded like you used the sound from HDMI which would be the from the graphics card.
m
l
!