Upgrade 98 to xp caused 4 bit color and only lowest screen..

Hello. Have a Compaq Presario 5610 and upgraded from 98 to xp. The
screen suddenly only has 4 bit color and the lowest possible
resolution. It is
not useable. Compuater has standard AGP 2x rage graphics card. Display
control panel said something I did not understand about 2 monitors
when I tried to set colors and resolution. All options were grayed
out, could not change them.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Jim

re: Upgrade 98 to xp causes 4 bit color and only lowest screen
resolution

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Go to the Compaq web site and see if there are XP drivers for the video.