AMD or Intel....after long hours and heavy use (lag etc)

rickybuds

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2010
Lets say we have two equal CPUs here, which both clock 6000 points on a benchmark chart and are just equal.
The little details dont matter, lets not cry about little things like a bunch of 14 year old girls.

Price isnt an issue so the 100 more for Intel is gladly paid for a smoother computer if thats the case. We dont buy it to use the 6 cores off the get go, we do it to handle heavy loads. I want my powerfull computer to still be just as powerful after 12 hours, so is Intel or AMD the closest to it?

Lets go with the latest chips just for the design, say the 1090T and i7 xxx(870)

Were not comparing chips, so theres no little things or speed to debate. Its AMD vs Intel. Not the chips, but the chips after 10 hours. We're talking lag and sustainability of those speeds. Internet getting slower, programs performing worse, video starting to lag via hdmi.

How does AMD perform against Intel after long hours and heavy usage? After keeping it on 5+ hours. ...After 24.

xaira

Distinguished
ur question is stupid, btw welcome to toms, a cpu is bought at a certain speed, it will run at that speed its entire life, computers get slow after a period of time because people reguarly download and install completely useless software that constantly accesses the hdd because it runs in the background, (check system tray), ive seen computers with over 20 apps running in the background and people would like to know why their pc is running so slow, this clutter was once attributed to ram, but the prob of ram has gone the way of the dodo since the 2008-2009 recession, 1 thing i would like to thank bush for : )

so to answer ur question, a cpu is a cpu and if you want to get a pc that will never ever lag, get an i7 980x, raid 0 as many ssds as you can find and get 24gb of ram in it

or you can buy an amd sempron 140, put 2gb of ram and KNOW WHAT U INSTALL ON YOUR COMPUTER

hope i helped

xaira

Distinguished
ur question is retarded, but i digress, a cpu is a cpu, it runs at the speed it runs at, you keep it cool when its working and it will work at its purchaced speed forever, computers slow down over time because of: from most severe down

1) disk clutter, ie after months of downloading and installing any new software ur friend tells you is kool, you find ur pc startup time is 3mins, it takes a minute to access an app, it seems like there is a lag to evrything you do

Reasons: Fragmentation, constant disk access etc

I have never seen a TRUER statement. I will bet those 20 background apps were on a P4 2.4 with 512m of ram! I too see this time and time again.

So many apps sneak into the system tray at install, and most people don't know enough to maintain their systems.

Woah, slow down. Don't treat computers like second class citizens. If anybody is really concerned about about their CPU getting "tired", then perhaps they can just pour a bottle of Gatorade onto their computer. The water, electrolytes, minerals and vitamins (and flavor) should help revitalize that "tired" CPU... (unless it kills it)