Which watercooling kit should I get?

I want a water cooling kit for my CPU, I don't really want one for the GPU. I am looking at the RayStorm 750 RS240 Kit which is $150 but then I am also looking at the RayStorm 750 RX240 kit which is $175, $25 more. Are these kits good, do I need to buy anything extra such as the liquid for it or do the kits supply everything.

How do I check the measurements of each item to see if they fit in my Apevia X Trooper case.
14 answers Last reply
More about which watercooling
  1. If I was going to water, I'd be getting that RX240; amazing looking entry level kit. I believe you'll need to buy coolant but for the most part, the RS240 and RX240 come with everything aside from that. I may be wrong here but I believe they have it all.

Best idea is to do a google search like... RX240 in Apevia X Trooper

See what you get for that; usually someone has tried it before lol
  2. Thanks, I don't think it will fit in my case because the there is a big capacity from the mobo right where the fans go, would a 120mm radiator be good for water cooling or its not enough?
  3. coolant, what? wait!

no coolants, just run distil+silver kill coil or a biocide...copper sulphate solution.
    *might want to yet stop by the watercooling sticky and readup all the info before you start tinkering with the new kit :)
  4. I read up a little bit but theres way too much information and I just get bored reading, I don't think the 240mm radiator will fit because of a heatsink near the CPU thats already blocking the 120mm fans I have on top. Can I go for a 120mm radiator or should I just go for a closed loop water cooling like the Antec 920 or the H80?
  5. Quote:
    I read up a little bit but there's way too much information and I just get bored reading,
    :lol: the CLC's are also covered in that sticky. Its your call, you want to be spoonfed by total strangers. How do you plan to tackle a problem should it arise? via a skype conference call?

You're the one installing/maintaining and looking after the loop. Just like your car, you know it needs some cleaning, that doesn't mean you literally need to take the car to a service center to clear out your dash board.

Quote:
    I don't think the 240mm radiator will fit because of a heatsink near the CPU that's already blocking the 120mm fans I have on top.

if you think it won't fit, try thinking outside the box.

Quote:
    Can I go for a 120mm radiator or should I just go for a closed loop water cooling like the Antec 920 or the H80?
    you really don't want to go there
  6. Wait so don't go for the H80 or Antec 920? The Radiator can't fit and I dont want to put it on top because it looks stupid.
  7. experience tells me to say no to all in one coolers and experience tells me to encourage you to be creative with your build/loop

:)
  8. I can't do anything with it, do you want me to show you a picture?
  9. googled it a long time ago mate.
  10. Its not my case, its my motherboard thats the problem

11. clearly you're limiting yourself to doing anything. heard of modding a case? buying a case? maybe mount it outside the case.

nmd
  12. I don't want to mount it outside the case because it would silly and be taller than it already is, I can't buy ANOTHER case as I am sort of on a budget, and I would also have to remove that 120mm fan at the left of the image to get the tubes through.

Im already buying a new processor and then getting some type of better cooler for it. Getting another case would just bring up the price.

What should I go for now? I would like to overclock the i7 3770k to maybe as low as 4.2ghz and maybe 4.5ghz high, would a Hyper 212 be able to do this or do I need a Corsair H80?
  13. Hyper 212 evo
  14. Alright thanks
Ask a new question

Read More

Water Cooling CPUs GPUs Overclocking Product