Sign in with
Your question

Will this help me or for me is this the best one for under 100$

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
February 13, 2010 5:42:34 PM

Hello,
i have a dell inspiron desk top its running vista service pk 2 64 bit cpu dual cpu e7400 2.80 ghz 6.0 gigs ram direct x 10.0 free disk space 557.5 gb video card intel gma 3100 xpress chipset fam i was told i have to get a gforce 9500gt 1gb pci 2.0 video card but ive already bought all this extra ram a 700 gig hard drive does anyone know for sure will i be able to play games like halo and call of duuty 4 thank you RICK HILL

More about : 100

February 13, 2010 6:45:00 PM

thank you jyjjy i have never posted anything on a website before this is my first time what im trying to say would the gforce 9500gt 1gb video card be the best card for my dell inspiron 530 desk top pc for under 100 dollars RICK HILL
m
l
Related resources
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
February 13, 2010 6:54:03 PM

I just looked it up and the dell inspiron 530 has only a 250w PSU. Dells PSUs are quality though and an HD5570 would be a good choice. If your case is the "slim" version make sure to get one that is low profile;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...
m
l
February 13, 2010 6:57:13 PM

If you are willing to spend a little more money, buy a new power supply and get a radeon 4850.
m
l
February 13, 2010 6:59:07 PM

jyjjy said:
This
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...
is MUCH better than a 9500GT.

thanks jyjjy but every graphics card i look at says pci or pci e how do i know for sure which one my pc takes or does it matter see ive put video cards in older computers but never one this new any help i would be grateful thannk you RICK HILL
m
l
February 13, 2010 7:06:03 PM

jyjjy said:
I just looked it up and the dell inspiron 530 has only a 250w PSU. Dells PSUs are quality though and an HD5570 would be a good choice. If your case is the "slim" version make sure to get one that is low profile;
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=E...

THANK YOU the warranty just expired and ive only had it 2 years and i dont know how to find out if its a slim case or not i like working on computers ten years old or older i know nothing about newer pcs thanks again
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
February 13, 2010 7:29:29 PM

The one on the left is the "slim" version.
m
l
March 10, 2010 12:07:45 AM

i just open my case and i have a 750 gig hard drive and 6 gigs of ram a 300 watt power suppy but i dont know what type of graphics card it uses is it a pci e or just a pci or is there a difference ive put graphigs cards in older pcs is it the same just snap it in and install the video drivers from the cd or what im worried about working on this pc i had to save for 6 months to get i dont want to mess it up see im disabled on a fixed income thank you rick hill if anyone can help thanks alot
m
l
March 10, 2010 10:26:40 AM

rick30062001 said:
i just open my case and i have a 750 gig hard drive and 6 gigs of ram a 300 watt power suppy but i dont know what type of graphics card it uses is it a pci e or just a pci or is there a difference ive put graphigs cards in older pcs is it the same just snap it in and install the video drivers from the cd or what im worried about working on this pc i had to save for 6 months to get i dont want to mess it up see im disabled on a fixed income thank you rick hill if anyone can help thanks alot

yes your board should have a pci-e slot, and yes its just like installing into an AGP slot on an older system. Your PCI-E slot will probably be offset a little bit from the PCI slots and be a different color.

you should have no problems installing it, just dont do something stupid like leave it plugged in with the PSU in the on position. My first foray into homebuilding/computer upgrades back in 1999 haunts me to this day. IF only I would have unplugged my computer before putting in that geforce 2!
m
l
May 13, 2010 2:36:32 AM

thanks yall for the advice ill get get that one at newegg for 69.95 thanks again
m
l
May 13, 2010 2:40:00 AM

With a dell 300watt PSU, you should be able to use a HD5670, which would be more powerful than the 5570, but either is probably OK for light gaming.
m
l
a b Î Nvidia
a b à CPUs
May 13, 2010 4:05:29 AM

Yeah, you can go for the HD5670 if your PSU is actually 300w.
m
l
May 13, 2010 9:41:00 AM

tsd16 said:
yes your board should have a pci-e slot, and yes its just like installing into an AGP slot on an older system. Your PCI-E slot will probably be offset a little bit from the PCI slots and be a different color.

you should have no problems installing it, just dont do something stupid like leave it plugged in with the PSU in the on position. My first foray into homebuilding/computer upgrades back in 1999 haunts me to this day. IF only I would have unplugged my computer before putting in that geforce 2!

ya i done the same thing with a much older system lol but i got shocked too what do i do if you dont mind me asking i just stap it in then install the drivers is that right i dont have to get into the bios or anything do i because im lost when i get in there also i was wondering everyone keeps telling me about my ps they tell me to make sure my ps can push it now if i put a second dvd/cd rom drive it and the new graphics card do i have to worry about the ps pushing them both thanks alot tsd 16 i open the case it says 300 watt
m
l
!