Can an XSPC RX240 Kit with another 240 rad cool a CPU and GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freakyguy88

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012
Hi. I have the XSPC RX240 installed in my HAF-X case cooling my Core i7-3820 CPU @ 4.6GHz and I wanted to know if this basic kit could handle cooling my current CPU and a GTX680 as well if I add another thick RX240 radiator. Basically, I will have two thick RX240 radiators, and the pump that comes with the kit to cool the CPU and GPU.

My main question is: can the included pump handle the GPU as well? I know that everything else is good enough, but I'm just not sure if the pump is good enough. I don't plan on doing any major overclocking, just a little bit, on the GPU. I don't need it to run very cool or very quiet as long as it's... you know... safe temps.

If the pump can't candle it, I will probably not WC the GPU and just keep the CPU loop as it is. It's not really worth it for me to have to buy pretty much a new loop just to include the 680 in.

Thanks for the help!

Solution
A lot of people run XSPC kits with a GPU in the mix. Radiators are traditionally very low resistance, so shouldn't be an issue adding a video card block and rad even to a loop with an X20 pump. I would start considering a pump upgrade if you consider running 2x + GPUs.

You'll be fine. Just make sure you get correct fitting/tubing sizes. I think XSPC runs 7/16"ID fittings/tubing from the box.

Lutfij

Titan
which RX240 kit are we talking about specifically, the D5 Raystorm kit, the 750L raystorm kit or the 750L rasa kit?

have you performed the TDP calc for your hardware heatdump? if not, please head down to the sticky, located in my sig and do the math.

Would get a long way to get first hand info :)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
A lot of people run XSPC kits with a GPU in the mix. Radiators are traditionally very low resistance, so shouldn't be an issue adding a video card block and rad even to a loop with an X20 pump. I would start considering a pump upgrade if you consider running 2x + GPUs.

You'll be fine. Just make sure you get correct fitting/tubing sizes. I think XSPC runs 7/16"ID fittings/tubing from the box.

Solution

freakyguy88

Honorable
Nov 16, 2012

Yeah that's what I was thinking, just wanted some more opinion and thoughts on the subject. The kit runs with 7/16"ID, but I can only get my hands on good 1/2"ID barbs, which is fine. I'll just heat up the tubing a bit and it'll hold well IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.