Wd caviar blue no longer detected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mithrog

Honorable
Mar 4, 2012
Hello,
I've been experiencing this problem for a few months now, It started when my master caviar blue hdd started not being recognized from time to time, but with 1 or 2 reboots it worked perfectly without any problem during the session.
After that it happened more often until I had to reboot 20-30 times before it actually worked. During this time I unplugged both Sata and power cable, connected everything again, changed the cables andthe problem persisted. a technician came and told me it was probably a Virus, he checked everything and the only problem he found was that about 5 anti virus programs were attempting to work at the same time ( which I Uninstalled). of course the problem wasn't solved and Right now it hasn't been detected after 2-3 hours of reeboting.

eoinycroiny

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2009
sounds like its dead, 5 antivirus programs running at the same time......probably killed it with so much reading/writing to the HDD. here's a trick i use to diagnose suspected OS HDD's:

download ubuntu from here http://www.ubuntu.com/ it a great/simple OS.

install it to a cd/DVD or flash drive. boot your system into ubuntu from the disk or whatever you use and then run diagnostics from their, use the one suggested above. you should backup any data and replace the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.