Laptops with 17 inch screens and AMD 64 Processors????

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 18, 2004 9:43:37 PM

Hello,

I want to buy a really nice laptop b/c i'm going to be traveling quite
a lot. I noticed that there are quite a few high end laptops with 17
inch viewable screens. However, they all seem to be Pentium 4 and not
the new AMD 64 processors which are much much faster. I really like
the look of the HP 17 inch laptop I'm wondering if any of you guys
know if HP or any other company is going to come out with an AMD 64
Laptop with a 17 inch screen.

thanks
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 19, 2004 6:49:23 AM

On 18 Aug 2004 17:43:37 -0700, arouth@yahoo.com (aladin) wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I want to buy a really nice laptop b/c i'm going to be traveling quite
>a lot. I noticed that there are quite a few high end laptops with 17
>inch viewable screens. However, they all seem to be Pentium 4 and not
>the new AMD 64 processors which are much much faster. I really like
>the look of the HP 17 inch laptop I'm wondering if any of you guys
>know if HP or any other company is going to come out with an AMD 64
>Laptop with a 17 inch screen.

If you are going to be traveling quite a lot, why would you want a
17-inch screen?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
a b α HP
August 19, 2004 9:52:40 AM

17" and AMD 64. Not the best combination for travelling.
eMachines makes an AMD 64 laptop. Check them out.
I think they are somewhere between 7 and 8 lbs though.

Thanks.

IS.

!