Sign in with
Your question

~$50 speaker system, inbuilt sound card

Last response: in Components
May 1, 2010 4:07:45 AM

Looking for a speaker system for the $50 budget range

Getting them from a local brick-n-mortar shop and my range is thus limited to logitech, altec lansing and creative speakers.

On a similar note, does it really matter what the sound card is on the m/b in terms of sound quality if it's inbuilt and new m/b, or is there a noticeable difference between built in sound cards these days? Cos I'm getting a new computer soonish and I'm tossing up between m/bs and speakers.

EDIT: If it helps, the $50 dollars was meant to be in aussie dollars plus/minus $10 or so

Thanks in advance for the help
May 1, 2010 9:39:12 AM

I would lean toward Altec Lansing as they have the highest audio pedigree of the three. AL is an actual audio company, whereas the other two sell peripherals.
m
l
May 1, 2010 12:58:52 PM

astrallite said:
I would lean toward Altec Lansing as they have the highest audio pedigree of the three. AL is an actual audio company, whereas the other two sell peripherals.

yeh, on the whole I'd expect speakers to be better from Altec Lansing, but at this sort of price range, there's less of a gain from any one company/brand

on your recommendation though, do you know of any good A/L speakers in this price range?

and I should've mentioned this earlier, but the preferable arrangement is 2.1, but I'm open to suggestions
m
l
May 2, 2010 7:17:47 AM

The person getting the speakers (it wasn't me) is probably deciding them tomorrow (but not definitely) so any info given after today probably won't make a difference and he could could change his mind, but pls give any recommendations if you have them, even if it's after today

ty
m
l
!