Sign in with
Your question

Best Brand for RAM ?

Last response: in Motherboards
October 8, 2010 11:08:38 AM

Hi guys . i just wanted to know what is the best brand for RAM ?
i wanted to get 2x2Gb 1333MHZ ddr3

& found this 3 options : Kingmax , Umax , Geil . but dont know which is better & why . someone told me none of them , he suggested me G.Skill . what do you think whats the best Brand for RAM ?

More about : brand ram

a b V Motherboard
October 8, 2010 11:12:36 AM

Please check the section you are posting in, and the subject of the thread that you are typing in from next time.

I would say GSkill's are the best and my personal favorite!
m
l
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
October 8, 2010 11:16:39 AM

This topic has been moved from the section Graphics & Displays to section Motherboards & Memory by Fihart
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
October 8, 2010 1:28:40 PM

There are many names out there that make excellent ram, G.Skill, Mushkin, Patriot, Corsair, Crucial, ect. In many cases it depends on availability and price. If you find a good name brand for a low price then it is usually best to get one of them. I went with warranty, availability, and price. Mushkin will replace on of my Dimms if it ever goes bad.
m
l
a c 296 V Motherboard
October 8, 2010 1:59:48 PM

Here is my list:

1- Crucial
2- Corsair
3- G.Skill
4- OCZ
5- Kingston
6- The others.

Now ur choice depends more of ur budget, mobo and options. So what is ur budget? What options do u have? What is ur mobo?
m
l
a b V Motherboard
October 9, 2010 3:13:46 AM

GSkill and Corsair are what I use now. The Crucial Ballistix were good but they had massive problems with the DDR2 1066 so I haven't used them since and the cost isn't worth it either. OCZ is too picky on motherboards, when they work, they work very well, when they don't it's ugly.
m
l
a c 296 V Motherboard
October 9, 2010 4:29:45 AM

The problem with Crucial DDR2 1066 is that only comes in 1GB module not 2GB I used the DDR2 1066 for 6 months and worked without any problem.
m
l
a c 716 V Motherboard
October 9, 2010 4:54:53 AM

It's like which flavor of ice cream you like, but vanilla is better with chocolate fudge as long as it fits the cup.

Meaning, Certified and Tested RAM specific to your MOBO with the best possible speed, reduced CAS and nominal Voltage. All that a variety of costs.

Crucial but only Dominator & GT
Mushkin but only Ridgeback & Redline
G.SKILL but only Rip Jaws, PI & Trident
Kingston but only HyperX series ~ T1

Dirt Cheap & Good then Crucial

m
l
August 6, 2012 4:56:28 AM

8Vidia said:
Hi guys . i just wanted to know what is the best brand for RAM ?
i wanted to get 2x2Gb 1333MHZ ddr3

& found this 3 options : Kingmax , Umax , Geil . but dont know which is better & why . someone told me none of them , he suggested me G.Skill . what do you think whats the best Brand for RAM ?

m
l
!