Log ACPI events (Standby, Hibernate, Wake Up on LAN))

November 8, 2004 5:28:38 PM

Hello,

I have configured the powermanagement of my Windows XP clients (XP
Prof. SP1 and SP2). I have setup the computers to enter standby after
1 h and hibernate after 2 h. The clients successfully wake up on LAN
traffic.

I would like to monitor the standby, hibernate and wake up events in
any kind of eventlog.

So far I didn't any solution for this. Any ideas?

Regards,

Guenther
Anonymous
November 8, 2004 7:00:21 PM

To open the Event Viewer...
Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:61ce99.0411081428.46f5abd1@posting.google.com,
Guenther Dirks <dirks@trigenio.de> hunted and pecked:
> Hello,
>
> I have configured the powermanagement of my Windows XP clients (XP
> Prof. SP1 and SP2). I have setup the computers to enter standby after
> 1 h and hibernate after 2 h. The clients successfully wake up on LAN
> traffic.
>
> I would like to monitor the standby, hibernate and wake up events in
> any kind of eventlog.
>
> So far I didn't any solution for this. Any ideas?
>
> Regards,
>
> Guenther
Anonymous
November 9, 2004 1:47:46 AM

"Wesley Vogel" <123WVogel955@comcast.net> wrote in message news:<#obK1aexEHA.2172@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>...
> To open the Event Viewer...
> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
>

> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
>
> --
> Hope this helps. Let us know.
> Wes

Hello Wes,

thank you, but unfortunately that doesn't help. Those events do not
appear in the event logs. I didn't find a way to activate the logging
for these powermanagement events.

Regards

Guenther
November 9, 2004 12:57:51 PM

Ya got me then. Maybe someone else will post something.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.
Wes

In news:61ce99.0411082247.6a92f3c0@posting.google.com,
Guenther Dirks <dirks@trigenio.de> hunted and pecked:
>> To open the Event Viewer...
>> Start | Run | Type: eventvwr | OK
>>

>> HOW TO: View and Manage Event Logs in Event Viewer in Windows XP
>> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308427
>>
>> --
>> Hope this helps. Let us know.
>> Wes
>>

> Hello Wes,
>
> thank you, but unfortunately that doesn't help. Those events do not
> appear in the event logs. I didn't find a way to activate the logging
> for these powermanagement events.
>
> Regards
>
> Guenther
Anonymous
April 28, 2009 5:06:48 AM

Hi there ,
I have the same situation. if you get any solution please provide it to me.
romeshb@hotmail.com
!