Sign in with
Your question

Toshiba Hard Dish Tecra-A9

Last response: in Storage
March 5, 2012 6:36:09 AM

Hello,
My toshiba A9 laptop is out of service and I tried to connect its HDD to my new laptop.
As Toshiba A9 had finger-print security device I can't copy its data from HDD and a message of another ownership is shown.
Please help!
Thanks
March 5, 2012 5:01:59 PM

try using a linux based operating system to access the HDD. most windows and other file security features are not recognised by linux. google linux OS and you can download and install as a secondary bootable os on your laptop. hope this helps and goodluck
March 5, 2012 5:15:15 PM

farzadonline said:
Hello,
My toshiba A9 laptop is out of service and I tried to connect its HDD to my new laptop.
As Toshiba A9 had finger-print security device I can't copy its data from HDD and a message of another ownership is shown.
Please help!
Thanks

This depends on whether you are actually accessing the hd and can see file folders. If you can see the folders you are trying to access, you can try to right click and go to the security tab and make yourself the owner. It may warn you a bunch of times that access is denied or something similar but should let you access the folders eventually. however, if you have nt security on the folders and you also had encryption enabled, there is no way for you to get the data in the user folders.

If you are just plugging the drive directly into your laptop and are getting that error on boot, then your whole drive is encrypted and you will have to talk directly with Toshiba.

If the data is not encrypted then try doing as eoinycroiny says and load up a linux distro and try to access the drive.
Related resources
!