Will Corsair H80I work without leaks for 5 years!

Last Samurai

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
Hello, I'm going to build a new High-End gaming system that will last me for about 5 years. I need a advice for cpu cooler. Will a corsair H80i last me for 5 years without leaks? becaus i'm afraid that it can have a leak and damage my system.
I`m looking for water cooling because air coolers are to big and will cover my MB and will have problems with high profile RAM like Corsair Dominator.

My system:
i7-3770 OC to 4.2GHz-4.4GHz
Asus Maximus V Formula
Asus Matrix 7970 Platinum
Corsair Dominator Platinum 8GB 1866MHz
Corsair HX 1050W Gold
Cm Storm Trooper
Corsair H80i or CM V6GT ???

What better?

P.S. I`m only afraid water cooling because I heard about leaks that can damage my great system. I`m looking only for CPU Water Cooling. Help please!
Thanks!

No one will be able to give you a definite yes regarding your question of 5 years without leaks, because they have not been available for 5 years!

I would seriously doubt the pump is going to last you 5 years, because there should be a listed projected MTBF, (Manufacturers Time Before Failure), regarding the pump and cooling fans.

Any type water cooling you consider is not push the power button and never inspect for problems, even though leaks are rare today and are always resolved in the assembly process, once confirmed you have no leaks and the system is sealed, it's very rare they would just occur.

The units like the Corsair are factory tested for leaks before ever being shipped but anything could happen in shipping, so once you do your own testing to be sure it's leak free in your possession you should be good to go.

But 5 years is a long time, for any cooling expectations!

Are they warranted for 5 years?

Lutfij

Titan
might want to google *leaks+corsair H cooler* or *antec kuhler leak issue*

hehe

don't think so.

@ OP - in the case of a leak and your entire rig gets taken to the other world, contact corsair and let them know what's happened. They should be compensating you for damaging your hardware.

:eek: Believe it or not it is limited warranted parts and labor for 5 years!

Gutsy or Stupid move on Corsairs part?

Time will tell!

They may end up seriously regretting doing that! :cry:

:cry: Why did we warrant for 5 freaking years, Dr Phil? :cry:

:pfff: "What the hell were you thinking?" Dr Phil's famous "quote". :lol:

Lutfij

Titan
:lol: -> his best ever appearance was on scary movie :D
well i'll be... that is a really daring move indeed. Still not moving to/suggesting any closed unit though, even if they paid for my living expenses.

Agreed!

If a closed unit could literally stomp the high end air coolers in the dirt cooling performance wise, then maybe, but they don't!

The only true advantages they have is avoiding some memory clearance issues all together, I'll give them a plus 1 on that.

But spending my money on one?

Not, Gone, Happen! ;)

TRENDING THREADS