P6T WS Power up issue

G

Hello guys,

Last Friday I experienced the following issue with my p6t ws, which worked fine for two years:

No power up; The green power LED on the Mobo is turned on however...Even so, I ran all the common troublshooting tests - test the PSU, test contacts, test case button etc. And everything was fine.

Then, like through magic, the computer decided to turn on and worked fine until....

This Friday...when I have the same issues again.

Is it a coincidence? Did my mobo decided to take a rest om Fridays?

Joke aside, what could be the source of the problem?

Mushkin are good PSU's {single rail/ but I cannot verify Japanese capacitors}, but 500W on I {assume} a Xeon is underpowered.

Should have asked all at once:
CPU:
GPU(s):
HDD/SSD/SAS (# of drives):

G

actually Intel i7 :D

so:

i7 920

GTX 275

2 HDD Sata Drives

Nothing overclocked. Ran fine for 2 years, as I said, and then for another week after last Friday...

500W is pushing that configuration and borders on under being powered. In addition, without an UPS the brown-outs and/or cycle changes (60Hz) from your Electric Co can be hard on any PSU. The recommend PSU is ~ 650 W {e.g. Corsair TX650W / $90 USD / 1 Rail & Japanese capacitors},

"IF" your PSU is becoming stressed, or unstable and "IF" this is indeed the problem, seems logical, then I would rather replace a PSU than risking all other components. Further, the Mushkin has a 3 year warranty.

I might got to {Best Buy} and try the TX650W {return if necessary} <or> try another PSU. I seriously doubt that you have other components that would cause the power led, "no power up," to go out and/or a short after 2 years.

G

ok, i'm gonna get a TX650 tomorrow and see. I hope it will work, because otherwise it means it's the mobo, right?

G

Hey,

So it seems it was from the PSU afterall, PHEW! Thanks for the assistance :)