How can i different between real & Fake PSU ??

G

i want to know how can i make different the psu gives real power or its fake psu ??

any way to know it without experiment

i want when i see the label information which put on the psu , know form this Label if this PSU gives real power or this PSU gives Fake Power ??

Dr Wu

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
Fake power? Is that a bit like virtual work? But yeah, get a decent branded PSU... sites like jonnyguru.com have extensive tests. As for the labels, apart from the brand, one important thing to look for is the maximum current each rail can deliver- there can be quite a large range in max 12v current between different PSUs at a given nominal power rating, for example.

i think he means how can he tell if the PSU outputs its rated power, which unless you have the right equipment (read expensive) you don't know, its why i think the online stores should just stop keeping these extremely bad brands

leon2006

Distinguished
Legitimate brands such as Antec, Corsair, Enermax have its product certified by cerifying bodies like UL, ISO, ROH, AQ5, Efficiency Certification..etc. The stickers signify that the products are tested to specification by these certifying bodies. At least in the US, EU, Japan and other complying countries its illegal to attached the sticker on any product without actual product testing.

Read the reviews on different sites specific to the unit you are interested with. Reviews site like johnnyguru is pretty good in exposing the weakness and strength of PSU.

The rule of thumb is define your need, review and research the specific brand or unit you want to buy. Then go to the store or website equip't with the knowledge of what you need and specific product you thing will meet your need.

Buy from legitimate stores that don't carry un-certified products. Store that carry legitimate certified products like newegg, frys, best buy ..etc

In the absence of all the above, compare the PSU's in a given power class, say 600 watts or whichever size you are interested in. Buy the heaviest one.

I work in Saudi Arabia. You do not find Corsair or Antec. ThermalTake is a high quality PSU here and Raidmax is of average quality.

d359233drdrbcom

Honorable
Jan 26, 2014

Dr Wu

why dont they test the psu which are less known?Maybe a new brand makes decent psu but they are still considered POS?

Can you please point me to the site which does that and the tests are valid accurate?

anyone know such site and anyone know answer? please share

TRENDING THREADS