lakshitharxx

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2011
Hello, This question may have asked several times by others but i want to know the latest thing about this. When will the hdd price will drop down? Some people

say it will be April but others say that earlier of 2013. I want to replace my 320GB hdd with a 1TB hdd. I can afford for a 1TB right now but if the price will go

down on next month, it will be a waste. Also i can't wait until next year. I know you guys also can't give a exact answer about something which is going to happen

in future. :) but if you guys know anything about this please post..

Solution
I haven't heard anybody saying prices will drop by next month. Every single credible source I know of says prices will be back to normal later this year or early 2013.

If you need the space now, go ahead and pick up a 1TB drive.

willard

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2010
I haven't heard anybody saying prices will drop by next month. Every single credible source I know of says prices will be back to normal later this year or early 2013.

If you need the space now, go ahead and pick up a 1TB drive.

Solution

skankmuffin

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
use http://camelcamelcamel.com/

its a price tracker for sites like amazon and newegg.com.

In august last year the price of a 2 tb drive was like 90 dollars

then it went to over 200 dollars. Its now at 130 ish dollars. It seems to be coming down steadily.

So if you nee done just buy one. i dont think there will be a major price drop but if you can wait a month you'll save like 10 - 15 dollars