Solved

CM TPC 812 vs Hyper 212 evo

Ok so just noticed Newegg has Coolermaster's newer TPC 812 for $39.99 after rebate (-$15 with i5 3570K combo also). Does anyone know how well this improves temps over the Hyper 212 evo? Plan on running i5 3570k and would like to see if I can get it towards 4.4 to maybe 4.5 Ghz stable.

Wondering if I should grab the TPC 812 while I can for my build, or maybe there is something in the $40-50 price range with better performance.

EDIT: Was thinking about getting a HAF 922 and using some MX-4 Paste with this too (unsure).
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about hyper
  1. Get arctic silver 5, not MX-4, also, I like the hyper 212, but the 812 is pretty good as well, basically its up to you on preference.
  2. Anyone else care to weigh in on this? lol
  3. Best answer
    I would highly recommend the 812 if you can fit it in your case, especially at that price.

Here's a review of it from HTL, http://www.hitechlegion.com/reviews/cooling/heatsinks/17754-cm-tpc-812-cpu-cooler-review?showall=&limitstart=
  4. Kiowa789 said:
    Get arctic silver 5, not MX-4, also, I like the hyper 212, but the 812 is pretty good as well, basically its up to you on preference.
    What are you smoking :non: arctic silver 5 is conductive MX-4 is the way to go.I agree with Firedrops for the price you be a fool not to get the 812.
  5. Best answer selected by gamerlana.
Ask a new question

Read More

Heatsinks Cooler Master Intel i5 Evo Overclocking Product