Distinguished
Jul 24, 2010
Hello,

My specs are:

CPU: Intel I7 875k
Memory: 2x2GB GSKILL 10600 1.5v 8-8-8-21
Video: EVGA GTX470
Powersupply: 610 watt PC Power Supply and cooling

I keep getting 2 long beeps, a pause, then 2 more long beeps. I receive a code of E7 (waiting for user input) and get no video. I have tried 3 different video cards, my 470, an 8800, and a very old video card. I have also tried applying my cards to PCIE slots with no results.

If there were such obvious problems with PCIE then I would expect some error codes. I have checked all the power connectors and everything looks good.

Does anyone have any ideas? Could bad memory cause bad video by any chance?

Thanks!

tx-jose

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
quick test to see if its a configuration issue......

reset the CMOS......their should be a jumper on the board its self that you remove to reset the CMOS.....or take out the battery and put it back in. this should reset all of your setting back to stock on the BIOS.

Gekko Shadow

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010

I found this in the manual for you board:

Table 14. BIOS Beep Codes

initialization complete
One 0.5 second beep when the CPU initialization process completes.

POST complete
One 0.5 second beep when POST completes.

Video error
On-off (0.5 seconds each) two times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (beeps and pause) until the system
is powered off.

Memory error
On-off (0.5 seconds each) three times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (beeps and pause) until the system
is powered off.

Thermal trip warning
On-off (0.5 seconds each) four times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (beeps and pause) until the
sixteenth beep, then ends.

Table 15. Front-panel Power LED Blink Codes

Processor initialization complete
On when the system powers up, then off for 0.5 seconds.

complete On when the system powers up, then off for 0.5 seconds.

BIOS update in progress
Off when the update begins, then on for 0.5 seconds, then off for 0.5 seconds. The pattern repeats until the BIOS update is
complete.

Video error
On-off (0.5 seconds each) two times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (blink and pause) until the system is
powered off.

Memory error
On-off (0.5 seconds each) three times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (blinks and pause) until the system is powered off.

Thermal trip warning
On-off (0.5 seconds each) four times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (blinks and pause) until the sixteenth blink, then ends.

Closest beeping to your issues is video. double-check the beeping =P

^ It was Tooo obvious; like missing the big Ad in the yellow pages.

Reference - http://www.intel.com/products/desktop/motherboards/dp55wg/dp55wg-overview.htm

Processor initialization complete
One 0.5 second beep when the CPU initialization process completes.

POST complete
One 0.5 second beep when POST completes.

Video error
On-off (0.5 seconds each) two times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (beeps and pause) until the system is powered off.

Memory error
On-off (0.5 seconds each) three times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (beeps and pause) until the system is powered off.

Thermal trip warning
On-off (0.5 seconds each) four times, then 3.0 second pause (off), entire pattern repeats (beeps and pause) until the sixteenth beep, then ends.

E7 Waiting for user input

Unfortunately, a bad CPU can render the same problem. But first, do you have another PSU to try to connect to the GPU; a simple way is to park 2 PCs next to one another and "borrow" a lead for the GPU to R/O PSU issue. Rarely, a bent DIMM pin. In addition, unscrew the MOBO mounting screws and "dangle" the MOBO to R/O a short.

If that fails then I would pull the CPU and look VERY carefully for a bent pin.

spccomp

Honorable
Jun 9, 2012

Make sure that you have the CPU fan connected on the board where it said CPU FAN and not a chassis fan. The motherboard is protecting your CPU from over heating.