Sign in with
Your question

X8STi clock generator

Last response: in Motherboards
October 8, 2010 10:11:31 PM

Hi
I have a Supermicro X8STi and an Intel Xeon w3520 and I would like to overclock it a bit.
The problem is that I haven't access to the BIOS, so I have to seek another method. I tried with SetFsb, but none of the already made clock generators works, and the setfsb author needs to know the exact name of the clock generator to implement it in his program.
Does anybody knows which clock generator this mainboard has, or can open his case and see?
(this http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/2293/clockgen.jpg should be the chip, but i'm not sure.. this is the highest resolution photo i found)
thanks

More about : x8sti clock generator

October 19, 2010 8:01:54 AM

Why can't you access the bios? I have the same board as you. You have to hold "del" during the whole time to access the bios. Or are you locked out? you can clear the bios, it's one of the jumpers in the mobo, look at your manual.
m
l
October 19, 2010 8:25:27 AM

berkguy said:
Why can't you access the bios? I have the same board as you. You have to hold "del" during the whole time to access the bios. Or are you locked out? you can clear the bios, it's one of the jumpers in the mobo, look at your manual.
thank you for your reply
I can't access the bios because this machine is 1000 Km away from me, it is located in a datacenter.
I would really appreciate if you could look at your mobo and find out the clock generator model
Thanks again
m
l
Related resources
October 19, 2010 7:04:01 PM

I see three sets of numbers, any specific place I should me looking at? or an example of how it should look like?
m
l
October 19, 2010 7:43:37 PM

usually it is the black chip with the code ICS
it is near the quartz resonator (the metal one with 14.318 written on it)

http://img.tomshardware.com/us/2006/12/11/overclocking-...
i need the codes on the black one

if you are unsure just take a high res picture, will try to figure it out :D 
thanks!
m
l
November 7, 2010 12:19:11 PM

did you encounter any problem?
thank you
m
l
November 7, 2010 3:27:13 PM

Oh sorry, I already sent my server to the DC :(