Will this setup be sufficent for home video editing?

allenpaul75

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Was wondering if this setup would be good enough for video editing home videos of the kids.. its call AMD vision ultimate .....AMD turion ultra dual core 2.4 g processor ..... ATI radeon HD 4650 ( for a laptop ) and 4 gig of RAM 600 gb HD

allenpaul75

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Not really sure the resolution etc I have a Sony high. Deff camcorder and I would use whatever software you could reccomend for my setup ... was told by a bestbuy associste that this setup would not ne able to do video editing and was told AMD was trash all around ....nice to find out after I bought it.

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Bestbuy are regarded as being full of s***, i know this and i dont even live within 10000km of one...
For software, i would recommend sony vegas or adobe after effects (both are pay versions, but theres always torrents XD), or you can use old trusty windows movie maker, but is prone to crashing a lot, and only renders at 480p, which is below what you want...
As a side note, i can do video editing fine on my 2.0ghz dual, 2gb ram, and intel gma950, sure i have to wait a few more seconds for it to be finished, but so what...

allenpaul75

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2010
Okay so my next question can I play games with this setup I dont play much maybe just madden football and Call of duty ... curious would call of duty look better on my laptop with the above specs or my ps3?

p1n3apqlexpr3ss

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2010
Depends how good your TV is tbh... if you have a nice quality full HD LCD, then no probably not, limitations of screen size really, plus you wont be able to play it with fully maxed settings i would guess, it would still look great of course.
More generally, yea it will play most modern games at medium settings at playable frame rates
http://www.notebookcheck.net/AMD-ATI-Mobility-Radeon-HD-4650.13883.0.html
link on your graphics card there