What SSD would you recommend for Intel Rapid Storage Tech?

xxtjxx

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012
Hi everyone,

I recently built a computer with a Z68 board. I am now ready to make the move to purchase a SSD to take use of the IRST. I am looking for something at 60 GB in size, and no more then $100-$120. Anyone have any ideas?

momazboy

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
hi have a crucial m4 64gb in one machine and a samsung 830 64gb in another and I like the samsung better.My boot time is a little faster and load times for games on the samsung.not to go by windows index which means squat but the crucial gets a 7.4 and the samsung 7.9 but either one is decent

I recommend IGNORING IRST and use something like Acronis True Image. If you have a Western Digital or Seagate drive you can download a FREE version from them.

With this free version of Acronis TI you can make a complete backup IMAGE of your SSD to a hard drive which you can then RESTORE if you have issues.

60GB is NOT enough IMO. Get at LEAST 80GB, and if you play games install them to a hard drive, not the SSD (I have my STEAM folder on a 2TB WD drive "e:/STEAM")

(shortly after installing Windows 7 I'd used 35GB of my available 55GB. After a while I ran out of space and was force to get a second 60GB and RAID0 them.)

xxtjxx

Honorable
Mar 5, 2012

My whole purpose of buying a Z68 board was to use the IRST. I don't really need anything over 60 GB for I am only using it as a caching device. Its only use will be to READ.

I was originally looking at Corsair, but I am getting a lot of mixed reviews.