Video card wont work

ReneeDroulet

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
did a clean install XP SP2, after virus. Unable to get video card driver to install from Dell driver page to install and work. Not technical at all, so any laymans help would be so appreciated

Solution
You should first install Service Pack 3 and DirectX 9.0c from the Windows update and then try the video driver again. Or better yet, download the latest driver from your video hardware manufacturer's website, most likely Intel, AMD/ATI, or Nvidia.
You should first install Service Pack 3 and DirectX 9.0c from the Windows update and then try the video driver again. Or better yet, download the latest driver from your video hardware manufacturer's website, most likely Intel, AMD/ATI, or Nvidia.

Solution

ReneeDroulet

Honorable
Oct 19, 2012
Thanks Phil.. unsure where to dl the sp3.. but will keep looking. DirectX wont allow me to download it.. really not sure what I am doing. After the guy wiped my computer after trying to remove a virus.. he returned it to me this way, and now nothing really works.. seems it needs something, but I have no clue what. Thank you for your help. I sure appreciate any help I can get.